Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Which Is The Way We Ought To Go?

I have found many times that the most successful ventures we have in life are those we take the time to plan and prepare for.  We can plan for homework; we can plan for our days.  Planning is a principle for us to find success in our lives.  It is when we neglect to plan that the hopes and aspirations we have are not able to come to fruition.  Planning is nearly impossible if we do not have a goal or objective we are planning for.  I feel many times planning helps us to realize the goals we have and helps us focus on achieving them.

I am reminded of Alice from Alice and Wonderland by Lewis Carroll:

"Cheshire-Puss," she began, rather timidly, as she did not at all know whether it would like the name: however, it only grinned a little wider.
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where---" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"---So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."


As the Cheshire cat says, when we don’t care where we are going “it doesn’t matter which way we go.”  Does each of us know where we are going in our lives?  Do we know what our purpose is and are we planning on going there?


Our life here on earth does have a purpose.  We have goals designed for us, things we can work toward.  God loves us, and He wants us to know what our purpose is.  The goal we have is to return to live with God after this life.  The plan we have to achieve it is His gospel.  This gospel and this plan is something which has been designed to bring us greater happiness and peace in our lives.  It helps us find peace and comfort with the trials we have.  I am here as a missionary sharing this gospel because of how I have seen it bless me in my life.

I do know God loves us.  I know we can find peace and comfort from Him.  I have felt it most especially with the trials I have had.  I know we have trials and obstacles for a reason.  As I have been able to overcome them for myself it has helped me to find a greater purpose and direction for the future.  It has helped me to focus on those things that are most important.  It has helped me to come closer to Jesus Christ in my life.  God had a plan for us to become better people here on this earth.  That only works as we focus on Jesus Christ, we have faith in Him, we repent, are baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.  It is something which gives us understanding no matter what our situation is.  I love this video which talks about it more—

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...