Saturday, February 19, 2011

Exploring Museums, and Finding Hidden Treasures

I am blessed to serve with some of the greatest missionaries there are!  As a part of our mission, we all serve online taking chats.  All of us are here because a regular walking mission would have been more difficult.  That being the case, with the time off we have, it can sometimes be difficult to find things which we can all do.  This last preparation day we had, Elder Moxley had come up with the idea for us to go to the museum here in Provo.  I have lived here in Utah for about two years, a little time here as a missionary, and before while I went to school.  I actually really enjoy going to museums, but I never knew they had one in that entire time I was here.  I had even driven past it many times, and not known what it was.  I feel it was a great blessing and a bit like finding a treasure here I did not know about before.

I think there are many hidden treasures in our lives, and it is certainly a blessing and a gift for us to find them.  While the museum has been more of a physical treasure, it made me ponder about some spiritual treasures that are in my life.


The spiritual treasures, much like the museum, are often things which have always been near us.  We have always been able to access them, but maybe have not known they were near us.  The treasures of the spirit and the gospel are things that are opened for us as we seek for them.  As we are told often in the scriptures “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you”– Matthew 7: 7.  I have found in my own prayers and in my own scripture reading, I am able to find these treasures as I read and pray with a focus.  As I pray, I feel a closer connection with God as I look for specific council and direction.  As I read and I look for certain things in the passages, I feel the spirit is there to guide me and enlighten my understanding.  I do know God loves us, and I know He is there for all of us in our lives.  As one of my favorite verses says;

Acts 17: 27 – “That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us”

Can we take a moment to ask ourselves what we are doing to seek and follow God in our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...