Friday, September 3, 2010

One year gone!

As of yesterday, I am now on the downward slope; my mission is now half way over!  It is hard for me to believe so much time has already passed by.  I feel like I just got here, and at the same time I don’t feel that I have enough time before I need to go home.  I have a quote on my wall which I feel has really helped me focus on what I need to do.  I actually got it from the talk by Elder Robert D. Hales in the last April general conference;
The saddest words of tongue and pen are those that say, “It might have been!” –John Whittier


I feel it is a constant struggle to decide between what things are good, which are better, and which are best. And I am grateful for the help that God has given me to meet this challenge.


I am grateful to be able to have the gift of the Holy Ghost in my life, which I feel is able to help and guide me in the choices I make.  The Holy Ghost is given to us by God to help us discover what these choices are, like we read in in 2 Nephi 32: 5 "For Behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do."  Obviously, the Holy Ghost isn't going to tell me what tie to wear in the morning, but I feel He is there to help me know what the best things I can do are.  I am not always the best at following the council and the promptings I receive, but I do know He is there to guide us in our lives.  I am grateful for the gentle promptings which encourage me to be better, and which help me to decide those things I can do that are worthwhile.  It is a blessing to be here as a missionary, a blessing to help lead other people to baptism, and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost not only as a guide, but also a comforter and teacher in our lives.  It is such a blessing to be here in this unique mission, as I can continue to share the gospel with people via the internet after I have gone home, albeit, it won't be as focused as I am now :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...