Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Best Time to get Lost

After being welcomed most cordially to Indiana, I set out to make myself familiar with the area! I don't know about you, but I find it nearly impossible to hold a map in my head.  But, if I actually walk to a place, I find I can remember how to get there again, and the more I walk around, the better I am able to use my mental map.

So, the most effective way I have learned to get around is to start walking for a place on the map. Then, I inevitably get lost as I can't keep directions in my head, then I find myself again (usually by asking for directions), and then know how to get there again!

When we feel lost, there are many ways we can find ourselves again. At church today, the theme in sacrament meeting was on the Atonement. In the end, by coming here to earth, we desired to follow the same path--that path being Jesus Christ. When we are on that path, we find a peace which settles the deepest part of our souls.

As it has been a few days, and I have been exceptionally good with my camera, I have a number of pictures to share with you all! I hope you enjoy them!

 This is my room, you probably noticed how neat and tidy it is! And, several days later, I am glad to say it is still this neat!
 I learned during a first meeting that I am not able to wear shorts- so I went adventuring! These next few are pictures from the mall in downtown.





 This is a picture of a real plant! I verified it with the lady at the reception desk- but it is the fakest feeling real plant I have ever touched. It felt a lot like plastic- but had some dead leaves, which made me think it was real.
 You will see below that I climbed this monument!

 I really like tall buildings! Have you ever put your shoulder next to one and looked up?



 Yay for grocery stores! I was directed to this one after I was in old town. After spending an exorbitant amount on groceries, I realized the walk back to my place was a little long! (It is a 1 1/2 miles according to the map).
 This is where I waited 40 minutes for the shuttle with all my groceries! I could have made it back walking probably twice in that time . . . but the groceries were really heavy!
 This is the train I rode to where I am doing research. (Not really a train, it is called the "People Mover") It is a bit like the airport shuttles, but slower and smaller, and on a platform above ground.

 The pictures drawn actually have a lot of great detail! My camera just seemed to really want to focus on the water.

 This is part of the group I am here with! From left to right, Rachel, Seth, Kelton, and Ashley!



 This is the statue I climbed to the top of! And down below are the pictures I took from the top of it! If you look at the picture above, you can see what it looked like from a distance!







This is me, in the tower! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...