Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother Dear :)


This is for my Mom.

Quoting a past Stake President which I had- he would often admonish in his booming voice- let us give ear to these “great hymns of Zion!”  No one can give a declaration of any kind as he did.  He was tall- maybe 6’6” (I never measured), gigantic hands and crooked fingers.  The fingers reminded me a little of those trees which stick out of the side of mountains, not quite straight, but tough as heck!
 
Being Mother’s Day, I am grateful for my mother (yes, I am grateful on other days as well)!  There are many things I could share about her and what she has done for me, but today I took some inspiration from the Stake President I mentioned and thought of a few hymns and songs from our church would express things a little clearer then I could-

It is said that when Mom is upset, everyone is upset.  Let’s take some optimism from this song from the children’s songbook and say when Mom is happy, everyone is happy! “Her happy smiling face is such a joy to look at, it makes home a lovely place.”

(Here I would share a link to a video or some such which had it- but I guess you will just have to make do with lyrics!  You can hear the tune here.)
Mother Dear-
Mother dear, I love you so.
Your happy, smiling face
Is such a joy to look at;
It makes home a lovely place.

Mother dear, I love you so.
Your lovely shining eyes
Are just like stars that twinkle
Way up in the bright blue skies.

Mother dear, I love you so.
I'll try to the whole day through
To please our Heav'nly Father
I'm so glad he gave me you.

 In thinking about it, why are we happy when Mom is happy?  I think usually, when Mom is happy, we are doing those things which Mom has asked or needed us to do.  But when we fall short, not only is it disappointing to Mom, but it can be hard for me to realize I have let someone down who I love so much.  My Mom is one who has helped me gain a greater vision of who I am, and the things I can do.  This next film is fitting as it helps to describe the spiritual lessons I have learned from my Mom in acting in charity and fairness to those around me:
Love is Spoken Here-

This next one is interesting, again, no video, but the first two lines are especially true:
Quickly I'll Obey-
When my mother calls me,
Quickly I'll obey.
I want to do just what is best
Each and ev'ry day.

I don't have much to say about it, other then =D.  I wanted to post as the last hymn on here O My Father. In Elder's Quorum today (the last meeting at church) I had the opportunity to talk a little about my Mom and share what she has done for me.  When I started it was hard for me to get my thoughts together and share what I wanted.  With someone so amazing, it can be hard to find the right things to share to others- indeed it is impossible to give them a clear understanding and idea of all she is to me. As I was at a loss of what to say I was reminded of this hymn, which I would like to share:
O My Father



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...