Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sacrament Inspirations - Gratitude

I feel fast and testimony meetings are always a great blessing and opportunity to feel an increased measure of the spirit.  In a recent devotional here at the MTC Elder Richard G. Scott talked about how learning to recognize and follow the spirit is something which we learn throughout our lives.  Similarly, I feel fasting is an opportunity we have to feel an increased measure of the spirit in our lives.  To start the fast and testimony meeting today in the spirit of Thanksgiving which is coming up, the Bishop shared this verse from the Doctrine and Covenants:


                “And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.” -78: 19

I think as any one of us look at our lives it is plain to see how many blessings we have, if we open our eyes.  As the verse above councils, we need to receive all things with gratitude.  To name a few things, we all have an opportunity to look at the many creations which God has given us in the world.  We can all be grateful for the wonderful opportunity we have to be here on earth, that we can live, breathe, and have experiences.  And who can forget Daylight savings today?  It is such a blessing to have a day to sleep in!  I am also particularly grateful for the amazing family I have.  I know they love me, and I know they have been there to support me through so many different things.  I am grateful for the pets we have at home, and the time I have spent with them.  I am grateful for a living prophet we have here on the earth today. 

Just as stated by the Bishop today, a testimony of Joseph Smith is a testimony of Jesus Christ.  As we know Joseph Smith is a prophet, we can know he did in reality see God and Jesus Christ.  We can know he reestablished the true church of Jesus Christ here on the earth, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  Echoing the testimonies from today, I know He is there to heal us in our lives.  He can heal us from our sins and our trials.  He can comfort us when we need it in our lives.  I know we can find a relationship with Him through our prayers.  I know God, our Loving Heavenly Father does hear and answer our prayers.  I am grateful for His influence in my life, and I am grateful to be here as a missionary to share the message of His gospel with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...