Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Great Achievements- From Great Gifts

Family and Friends in Rocky Mountain National Park
It seems to me every day that the future is coming faster and faster- “time flies on wings of lightening.”  I never would have guessed I would end up where I am now- it is far better than anything I could have imagined! :)  The future seems to be clicking into place.  I have decided on classes and a major I love, the Lord continues to give me great gifts to help me continue with excitement and faith to the future.  I am so glad I am able to come home for this summer!  The idea was to save some money and get some surgeries done, but I have found I have not realized fully what other great gifts have come with this.

1.       I have the gift of a great family!  


I love my family; my Mom has been spoiling me now that I am home.  I no longer have to cook the majority of my meals- and other people actually help with the dishes on a regular basis (WOW!!- that is amazing).  My Mom is patient with me in shopping (I hate clothes shopping- it is hard enough trying to decide what clothes to wear every morning).  My Dad has gone biking with me in the morning- it is much more fun to have someone to go with (over 50, and still waiting on me).  My sister Beth represents an epitome of fun!  I love spending time with her- we have a lot of fun together!  I have an amazing brother still living in Provo.  Chad has been a great example to me of hard work and planning for the future!  My sister Tara is a superstar!  She is a wonderful example of concern and dedication to the work she is in.  I know we are all on to great things!

2.       I have the gift of great opportunities! 


This past week I was able to take part in a class / training in Denver.  The class was one which seemed beyond what I was prepared for- but I feel it is something which is setting me up for great advantages in the future.  Perhaps when it comes time to apply to graduate school, or maybe it is just that it has given me a greater awareness of what I am looking for in the future.  I also am grateful for the other trainings I have lined up for me through the rest of the summer!  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to work with my Mom.  The children are amazing!  One girl Jindi, is a lot of fun!  Part of the tutoring my Mom does involve simple things like throwing a ball back and forth to work on helping the brain connect.  She always has the biggest smile, and laughs when things get hard.  (Also, when she drops the ball, she looks at me and says “bad throw!”).  I am sure I could go on much longer here (“opportunities” is a very broad category), but Jindi moves me to my next gift-
Siblings- Me, Chad, Tara, Beth.

3.       I have the gift of amazing friends, and meeting amazing people! 


Jindi, I have told you about, but really all the kids are a lot of fun!  Before that, at the class I was able to meet some really amazing people.  I met a lady from India- she led the class one day in stretching (to wake up)- in a very unique Simon-says type game.  I loved it!  I also met some amazing ladies at a learning center in Denver, and I have been invited to go and visit there!   There are amazing people in the Family Ward here, and there are amazing people in the Student Ward!  They both feel like home, and it has been so nice to be welcomed right back in!  I am so grateful for online resources- as I meet new people- I can still keep in contact with those I have met before!

I am sure I could keep going for a very long time- the more I think, the more I realize I have been given.  But, there is one last gift.  It is the most important, and it stays with me.

4.       I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 


I know that all I have is because of a loving Father in Heaven who is mindful of me and who is constantly blessing me with more than I deserve.  While I have my own hopes and dreams for the future, I constantly find His plan for me far surpasses and is greater than the hopes and dreams I have had for myself.   I know it is through Jesus Christ we can continue to do great things.  His gospel is His atonement.  His gift enables, redeems, and empowers us in all good things.  He made the good sacrifice for us, that we can spread that goodness with those around us.  I love this video with the words of Elder Cook which helps to remind us of His love through all things we have.

What great things I have!  What a great future! :)  I keep thinking life cannot get better- but then it does!  I love the challenges I have- more than that, I love the feeling of overcoming them!  I know I can overcome great things, because of the great gifts I have.

I know whatever challenges may come into our lives; we have our Savior Jesus Christ who has overcome all things.  he has great things to give us- to help us be greater than we have ever imagined.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...