Friday, July 23, 2010

Reconnecting with old friends, and "wait, who was that?"

As a part of the referral center mission, we spend the majority of our time at the Missionary Training Center or MTC. While we are done with the official training for our mission, we stay here as this is where the “referral center” is currently located. One of the great blessings of being here is that I am able to see a large portion of the LDS missionaries as they filter through here with their training. I am able to reconnect with many old friends who I have not seen or spoken with in some time.

This would be great except for someone like me who has a bad memory for faces and names. Just a few weeks ago as I was walking through the cafeteria I was stopped by another missionary with an enthusiastic “Hello! How have you been?” I do not remember what I was thinking exactly, but “not thinking” is probably the best description. I remember I looked up at the missionary, and without slowing down or stopping I said “good” and continued to my seat without missing a beat. It was not until after I sat down I realized their face was very familiar, and it was probably someone who I knew.

Fortunately, I have not been so distant with everyone I talk with.

 Here are some photos of friends which I have met here in the MTC from home.  The Top is Elder Andrews, and below is Elder Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...