Thursday, July 29, 2010

A break at the doctor's office.

I love being a missionary!  This is without a doubt the most meaningful thing I have ever done in my life.  However, I think it is plain in life that the most meaningful experiences never come without a little opposition.  As much as I love being here, I do find there are times the work I do here feels mundane and slow.  On those days it is hard to be enthusiastic and share with people the actual love I have of this gospel, and how much it really means to me.   The time we are able to spend away from the computer is a blessing, and a real “tender mercy” from God as I can see in my life.  As I am able to spend time away it helps me to recharge and get back into the work I love –teaching people about Jesus Christ and how He has blessed me.  One of the nicest breaks I have is to be able to go to the doctor’s office periodically for checkups.  Unless there is an emergency I found it the rare occurrence that something is done quickly.  Each of my appointments takes several hours, and I always find them to be a nice break from what I have been doing.  Nothing is ever rushed, and I just find it to be a very relaxing experience.  As I serve here as a missionary I am limited on transportation.  And with other reasons, I have needed a ride to my appointments and back.  This is a picture where I was actually accompanied to one of the appointments with my MomJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...