Sunday, April 13, 2014

Crazy Little Thing Called Penny


Penny
What a busy week! And to add to it all, I had my heart stolen! The culprit is a little ball of fur and sharp teeth named Penny.  (She is the innocent looking thing in the pictures).  I am currently living with my sister and her husband, and they recently acquired this little puppy. Let me tell you a little about her!
When we first met, she peed on my shoe. She has put many little puncture marks in my hands and forearms.  But for some reason, when I see her, no matter how tired I am, I find I have a little more energy, life is a little better, and I relax a little more.

The things about dogs is, they are always happy to see you.  I think that is one reason why it is so sad when a pet dies, especially a dog. For me, I remember how every time I came home from school, I was a hero for our dogs. No animosity toward any earlier behavior, but just joy with where you are now.  They seem to me the epitome of the righteous father in the prodigal son. Puppies are kind of like that as well, but they also pee when they see you and bite you.  I think I have decided I like dogs better.  A little more mellow, still excited to see me, and don't bite me. The photo at the bottom is the dogs or as I still call them "puppies" from Colorado.


And that reminds me of this story:

Man, Dog and Cat

Here is a different edition of Genesis 2. And Adam said, "Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked with me everyday. Now I do not see you anymore. I am lonesome here and it is difficult for me to remember how much you love me. " And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will know I love you, even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish and childish and unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourself." And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, "But Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and all the good names are taken and I cannot think of a name for this new animal." And God said, "No problem! Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG." And Dog lived with Adam and was a companion to him and loved him. And Adam was comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and wagged his tail. After a while, it came to pass that Adam's guardian angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam has become filled with pride. 
Cat = Frisco, Golden = Cami, Beagle = Chester, Shit-zu = Cookie
He struts and preens like a peacock and he believes he is worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught him that he is loved, but no one has taught him humility." And the Lord said, "No problem! I will create for him a companion who will be with him forever and who will see him as he is. The companion will remind him of his limitations, so he will know that he is not worthy of adoration." And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam. And Cat would not obey Adam. And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was reminded that he was not the supreme being. And Adam learned humility. And God was pleased. And Adam was greatly improved. And Cat did not care one way or the other.
(*The site I copied this from also did not know who the author is.)

*There is something to taking a thought, and then expressing it.  In that expression, it finds root to grow in our lives.  The dispassionate can become passionate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...